ARE YOU LOOKING TO SHOWCASE YOUR UNIQUE TALENT?
WE HAVE JUST THE SHOW FOR YOU!
OPEN CASTING AUDITION
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 5-7 P.M.
READ DETAILS CAREFULLY & AUDITION FORM
AT THE BOTTOM OF PAGE
- Unique and Exceptional Acts to feature in our monthly show! Is your act wonderful, weird, or wacky…well, we just might want you!
- Comedic Cast Members! We seek 2 men or women who have a comedic flair, and enjoy improv. Audition materials provided.
Here are the details:
- We will select 6-8 acts per show. We are looking for a VARIETY of great acts! Each act must be 10 minutes or less; however, we only need to see a sample at the audition. Please try to keep your audition to 3 minutes.
- Our next shows are on Friday, March, 22 and Thursday, April 18.
- You must be at 50 Mason Social House no later than 6 p.m. on March 22, 2013 for a sound check and preparation! Doors open at 6:30. Please be clear if you are submitting your information for the March show, or a future show.
- No acts can involve confetti or fluids…basically anything that could mess up a stage or cause a major clean up effort.
- The Audition for the upcoming show is Thursday, February 28 from 5-7 p.m. at 50 Mason Social House. You sign up when you arrive, and acts audition in order of their arrival.
- Anyone auditioning for an MC role or supporting cast roles must audition – no exceptions! We will have 1 (possibly 2) rehearsal prior to the show. We will work with your schedule to figure a convenient rehearsal time if you are selected.
- Acts must audition unless you meet one of these exceptions:
- We (I or a member of my selection team) have seen you perform; or
- The material you submit includes a recent video (or link to a video) of what you do….and the specific act you will do in the show. We will let you know after you submit your material if we still need you to audition.
- Your act must be easy to set up (i.e., no more than a few minutes to get your act set up). For example, a full drum set is not an easy set up. Ask me if you have any questions on that matter. There is a modest dressing area available.
- The auditions are being held in a public venue, so there may be people other than us seeing you.
- If you have would like to attempt to avoid attending the audition, please submit the form below. You do not have to submit the form in advance if you plan to audition, although it would make our lives a bit easier if you did.
If you have any questions, please call (440) 749-5160.
Here are some additional perks you get if you are selected as an act:
- You will be featured on our website and other social networking media. We will post a promotional photo and link it to your promotional materials.
- You are welcome to promote other upcoming performances that you may have by bringing printed materials to the show.
- You may sell your merchandise at the show.
- All acts will be videotaped. A professional quality composition video (bits from each act) will be made after each performance and up loaded to our YouTube Channel. You may post this on your networks too.
- We will conduct video interviews and write articles (& press releases) from time to time about our performers and post those on all our media outlets.